There are several important issues to consider when selecting the right life insurance carrier, including:
- What is the financial strength rating of the insurance company?
- How long has the insurer been in business?
- How competitive is the pricing?
- How many policyholders?
- What is the reputation of the insurer?
- How long does it take the insurer to pay a claim?
- Do you qualify for coverage with the insurer?
Each year, the III.org issues a list of the top life insurance companies that have issued the most individual life insurance policies for the previous year.
In addition, AM Best Company issues financial strength ratings for life insurance companies which indicates the insurer's financial security and ability to meet their financial obligations.
Learn more about life insurance companies.