There are several ways you can compare insurers when determining which are the best for life insurance.
Some of the more common ways to compare the quality of a life insurer are to use the following:
- Size of the Insurance Company
- Pricing of Life Insurance Policies
- When was the Insurance Company Established?
- Number of Life Insurance Policies Issued
- Number of Policyholders
- Total Assets and Liabilities
- Quality of Customer Service
- Number of Complaints with Insurance Departments
- Return on Investment
- Loss Ratio
- How Long it Takes for Claimants to Get Paid a Death Benefit
These are just some of the important issues considered when determining the quality of a life insurance company.
However, there are a few independent rating agencies that review the financials of life insurers and issue their own financial strength rating for the carriers.
These rating services include A.M. Best Company, Moody's, and Standard & Poor's, among others.
Here's how you can review of list of some of the highest ranked life insurance companies in the USA.