- Consider term life insurance which costs a lot less than permanent life insurance.
- Compare life insurance rates from several of the leading life insurance carriers since rates vary by insurer.
- Determine how much life insurance you need so you don't pay for more coverage than you really need.
- Purchase life insurance while you are young and healthy to lock-in the lowest rate for coverage.
- Improve your overall health (quit smoking, lose weight, exercise regularly, lower your cholesterol, etc.) to qualify for the best rate.
In addition, you may want to choose an annual premium payment option since this may save you money compared to monthly premium payments which may add a service charge.
Here's how you can shop and compare affordable life insurance rates online.