For instance, if you want your health exam results to be as good as possible in order to receive the best rates on your life insurance possible and avoid additional tests, then you may want to:
1. Start with a good night's sleep before the exam.
2. Do not do any exercise the day of the exam.
3. You may be required to fast for up to 12 hours if you will be having blood drawn for testing.
4. Do not eat or and drink (except water) for 2 hours prior to your exam.
5. No caffeine or alcoholic beverages the day of the exam.
6. If you smoke, do not smoke for at least 1 hour before the exam.
7. Continue taking any prescription medicines and bring them to the exam for reference.
8. If you are taking any over-the-counter medicines, try and avoid them for 24 hours prior to your examination. Inform the examiner if you do take one and why you did.
Here are more life insurance medical exam tips to help you prepare for your medical exam.