First, consider why you need life insurance and what you want your life insurance protection to accomplish.
Then, decide how long you need the life insurance protection and how much you can afford to pay.
Also, consider what type of life insurance may be right for you: Term or Permanent life insurance.
You may want to meet with a licensed, local independent life insurance agent to help you in understanding your options and comparing life insurance plans.
Tips for saving money:
1. Compare rates among leading life insurance companies.
2. Quit smoking since rates are higher for smokers.
3. Get in Shape - Rates of lower for people who are not overweight or obese.
4. Buy life insurance when you are young and healthy as rates increase with age.
5. Compare term life rates with permanent life insurance rates. Term life costs a lot less and you may qualify for up to 30 years of life insurance coverage.
Here's how you can compare life insurance rate quotes online among several highly-rated life insurance carriers to help you find affordable premiums.