Getting the answers to these questions before you buy will help you better understand what it is you need, what your options are, and which plan and insurer may be best for you.
Questions to ask before buying life insurance:
1. What type of life insurance do I need: Term or Whole?
2. How long do I need life insurance protection?
3. What is my budget?
4. How much life insurance do I need?
5. What is the cheapest life insurance?
6. What is a financial strength rating and why is it important?
7. What is the best life insurance company?
8. How long will the amount of my life insurance remain level?
9. How long will the rate I pay for life insurance remain the same?
10. How long has the insurance company been in business?
11. What is the financial strength rating of the insurance company?
These are just a few of the questions you may want to get answers to before choosing your life insurance plan and carrier.
You can use the internet to research life insurance - some good websites include lifehappens.org, ambest.com, and term life online to help you get started.