Term life insurance is low cost coverage for up to 30 years. If you have a need for life insurance of 30 years or less, it may be a good idea.
Term life insurance has the following features:
1. Lowest cost life insurance
2. Guaranteed level rates for up to 30 years.
3. Guaranteed level amount of life insurance for the term of your policy.
4. Choose coverage from 5, 10, 15, 20 or 30 years.
5. Easy-to-understand life insurance.
Basically, if you have financial responsibilities for 30 years or less, a term life insurance policy may be a good idea because it offers you the most life insurance coverage at the lowest price for that period of time.
However, term life may not be a good idea if what you need is lifetime coverage with a plan that may build cash value inside the policy over time.
With term life, if you die during the "term" of your policy, the "beneficiary" you choose will receive the death benefit. If you outlive the policy term, your life insurance coverage expires.
Learn more about term life insurance.