It’s one of the two basic types of life insurance that include Term and Permanent.
Permanent whole life is life insurance protection that provides coverage for your entire life.
You pay a premium each month or year to the insurance company, and in return, the insurance company promises to pay a death benefit to the person(s) (beneficiary) you choose to receive the benefit, when you pass away.
- Permanent life insurance policies usually have the following features:
- Guaranteed lifetime protection as long as you pay your premiums.
- Guaranteed level rates that remain the same each year.
- Build up cash value inside your life insurance policy over time.
- Loans available from your cash value.
- The amount of life insurance provided by your policy remains level.
Learn more about permanent whole life insurance plans.