You can request and compare senior life insurance rate quotes online from any of the life insurance websites offering life insurance quote comparisons. Usually, they have large networks of life insurance carriers, some of which may provide rate quotes on life insurance for seniors over age 70.
Here's are some tips for finding affordable senior life insurance coverage:
1. Compare rates online from several life insurance carriers, since rates do vary by insurance company, and some offer more competitive rates for senior citizens.
2. Term vs. Permanent - Decide which type of life insurance you need. Term life insurance is temporary for a set number of years, so it costs less than permanent life insurance which provides lifetime coverage.
3. Amount of Life Insurance - The lower your amount of life insurance protection you buy, the lower your premium.
4. Premium Payments - Choosing an annual Once per year) premium payment option, instead of monthly, may save you some money.
5. Quit Smoking - If you are a smoker, quit smoking, as rates for smokers are usually much higher than for non-smokers.
6. Get in Shape - If you are overweight, your rate for life insurance will be much higher than for a person who has a better height=-to-weight ratio.
7. Your Age - Make sure to buy your life insurance as soon as you determine you have a need for coverage. The longer you wait, the higher your rate for life insurance, since life insurance rates increase with your age. You can lock-in a lower rate now than you might pay in a year or two, when you are older.
Here's how you can request and compare life insurance quotes for seniors online among several highly-rated life insurance companies.